The Downsview Robotics Team (DRT) will be dedicated to provide a robust, engaging and exciting experience that will enable a broad cross-section of students explore their common interests, broaden their horizons and actively reach towards their full potential. The DRT will serve as a vehicle that facilitates mentorship between staff and students, senior students to junior students, as well as community members mentoring Downsview Secondary students. In addition the DRT will promote:
- Passion and respect for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Safety when working with equipment
- Success by gaining confidence as independent learners and problem solvers.
- Work collaboratively as a team in small, high-focus, high-commitment groups
- Encounter and learn and implement short and long term strategic planning fundamentals related to the First Robotic Program
- Life Long learning to create and grow leaders in our community